Disgruntled user with questions about the faults of paypal

RobTapps
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I am a first time eBay seller and returning eBay buyer, I just have some questions about PayPal and why it screws its customers over... Money received June 03, 2015 1. Why does your system keep changing the "funds availability" time... At first it was June 24 2015, then it was June 14 2015, then I received my money June 13 2015.. Witch brings me to question 2... 2. Why in the **bleep** is there no option to ADD MY BANK for withdrawing FROM PayPal TO my bank BEFORE the "funds availability" date.. (So I'm stoked to finally add my money to my bank.. Now I have to wait another 4 business days.. It's Saturday.) 3. Why are no funds released to SHIP ITEMS SOLD ON EBAY.. I had to borrow money to ship the item. People SELLING things don't always have money.. Hense the selling of personal belongings... EBAY and PAYPAL should communicate a little better.. The BUYER has to pay shipping.. What if a SELLER doesn't have money to ship and is counting on the funds the BUYER PAID FOR SHIPPING so actually you know... Ship the flipping item. 4. Why does it take 3-4 days to add 30 cents to my bank to verify that my account is mine when I have used my debit card attached to said account multiple times through PayPal/eBay.. What will come next another 6 month wait to touch MY money... This is anything but fair and should be criminal. The holding of funds until the buyer received the item I can understand.. Guy has had his midi controller 4 days now... Where's my money PayPal? Oh yea.. Still on hold. It took everything in my power to not put my fist through my laptop when I got told I have to wait longer.. And watch after the week it will take to verify my bank account,(again its Saturday) I will have to wait another week for the money to actually in my account won't I? This is criminal. -friggyou PayPal Rob
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

RobTapps
Contributor
Contributor
To me it feels like I paid you guys 6$ to just get me irate..
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

RobTapps wrote:
1. Why does your system keep changing the "funds availability" time... At first it was June 24 2015, then it was June 14 2015, then I received my money June 13 2015.

The funds availability time starts out as a 21-day hold and then gets changed to fewer days if you enter shipment information.  Your "payment received" email message which PayPal sends to you when you receive a payment has information about the hold policy and links to more information.

RobTapps wrote:
2. Why in the **bleep** is there no option to ADD MY BANK for withdrawing FROM PayPal TO my bank BEFORE the "funds availability" date.

You can add and confirm a bank account immediately after opening your PayPal account.

RobTapps wrote:
4. Why does it take 3-4 days to add 30 cents to my bank to verify that my account is mine when I have used my debit card attached to said account multiple times through PayPal/eBay.

There are two bank account confirmation methods... one takes 3-4 days and the other is instant.  If you weren't provided with the instant option, it's because your bank doesn't support the procedure.  The 3-4 days method uses the ACH clearing house which is described here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_Clearing_House

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

RobTapps
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for clearing some of that up, but from the mobile app as I use my phone for most tasks like most people now days, there is no warning that I would have to add my bank info after previously entering my debit visa info as well as my mailing address and so on. If it is hidden in the popout menu Im rather sure I did not see an option there for linking a bank account either had I known I would have done this when I created my account saving time, when I log in all I see is this... (Image hosting site) http://imgur.com/ZCNrruC <----- First page... http://imgur.com/QLIUCvu <----- Side menu... Instead of prompting people for there GPS location on there phones maybe that whole screen could be used to inform people of what they have not done with the accounts? Ty again for your time.
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

RobTapps wrote:
3. Why are no funds released to SHIP ITEMS SOLD ON EBAY.. I had to borrow money to ship the item. People SELLING things don't always have money.

If you want to use held funds to pay for shipping labels, you need to select that option when printing the labels.  Here's the eBay Seller Center information on the subject...

How can I pay for shipping if the money from my buyer isn't available right away?

If you print labels on eBay for USPS shipping (domestic or First Class international), up to $15 of your buyer's funds will be available immediately to cover shipping costs for any order less than $50. When the total order cost exceeds $50, up to 30% of your buyer’s funds will be available immediately to cover shipping costs. If you use PayPal label printing to print postage for USPS, UPS, or Canada Post, you'll need to pay for shipping when you print the label, but we’ll deposit the reimbursement back to your PayPal account within 24 hours.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/build-your-business-online/deliver-great-service/fundsavaila...

Look for the following options on your eBay shipping page...

If you're not seeing those options, log in to your PayPal account and go to "Profile" >> "My money" >> "My preapproved payments" to remove the pre-authorization for eBay shipping payments.

The next time you use eBay shipping to purchase a shipping label, eBay *should* give you the option to sign the billing agreement to pay later for shipping labels.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

RobTapps
Contributor
Contributor
The lable printing process was a nightmare in it self. But thank you again for the information.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.