Currently requesting photo evidence of some damage to item sent via courier. Buyer refusing

7thadam
New Community Member

Hi, so i have just sold 2 items sent via Parcel force. I am happy to communicate with seller via messenger (i have done so since immediately they bought said items - even though I didn't receive any answers stating they had received them for 4 days) who is currently disputing it was 'not sold as discribed'. Has ordered a spare part and wants to charge me for this even before I have responded to this claim. I am happy to discuss this and come to an agreeable solution diretly with the buyer. However, a case has been raised against me even after I have been very accomodating and responded to every message as and when they arrive.

My issue is this: with a claim against me I am simply asking for photographic evidence of the 'alledged' damage. before i release any money to the seller i am surely within my right to request evidence, right? 

Buyer claims doesn;t know how to work technology and doesn;t have a phone. I have explained how to attach fotos to messages. But, apparently no one he knows has a fone either and will take time to get. I'm not saying I'm being scammed but I am saying I want to act quickly. 

Has anyone had a similar experience and or has solutions. The more i read on this subject of disputes, the more i lose confidence in the process benefitting the buyer and seller 50/50.

CONSTRUCTIVE HELP WELCOME PLEASE!

Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.