Convert Payment Button From HTML to a LINK?

jordana44
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal account set up to accept payments for my High School reunion, but when I go to create a button for payment, my only option is to create HTML CODE. Is there a way to create a LINK instead? We do not have a web page - we are emailing the invitations out in a PDF, and there is no way to embed HTML CODE into a PDF.

How can I make a payment button into a LINK that directs payees to PayPal to pay?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi jordana44,

Welcome to the Community!

When the button was created, was it a basic button with none of the bells and whistles, or did you select some of the additional options, like a drop-down menu or a text field?

Basic buttons will offer an option for an "email link" in addition to the button code. This feature is not available when the additional options are used, however.

This is where you can find the email link:

untitled.PNG

If you don't see it, try recreating it with just the basic options and see if the email link tab appears for you.

Let us know how that works out! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jordana44
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Olivia! I did use a drop down menu. I'll change it to a regular "click to pay" button.

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Very happy to help! 🙂

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.