Complete Mess

geminigirl789
New Community Member

Hoping someone can help me out here-

My email account was hacked, the password changed and all of the security questions etc changed too.  They then set up a recurring payment through paypal, which I caught and shut down.  Paypal have now limited my account and want me to re-verify everything.

I can't.

I have no access to the email account, and I now use an automated password generator that saves passwords in my apple keychain-so I don't know what it is!  I've been able to confirm the bank details and credit card though.

It also wants to confirm my location-the confirmed phone number was my landline, which I got rid of a couple years ago, and only use mobile.  The mobile number is shown on paypal but is unconfirmed.  When I try to confirm it, I get an error saying that the location is already confirmed yet the limitation on the account requires that I confirm again.

I have no idea what to do next here.

To make things worse, I only know about all of this because I sold some things on ebay that the buyers now can't pay me for.

Suggestions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@geminigirl789

As this is an account problem the only people that can help you are customer services.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

geminigirl789
New Community Member

Thanks!  The phone wait here in the UK is upwards of 2 hours right now and it's a premium number, so no chance of that.  Will try the FB way.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@geminigirl789

The number in the UK is free from any landline.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.