Changed Phone Number, Now I Can't Complete Purchase.

RoboGuy

I had recieved my payment email from Hobby Link Japan and had clicked the link which would put me through the process of paying for my item. A security wall had shown up from Paypal saying that they would need to contact my phone number, alrighty, no problem. Except there was a problem because the phone number was an outdated one I would not be able to answer. So I updated it to my mobile number without a hitch. Except there was a hitch, now when I go through the process of trying to pay for my item Paypal refuses to send the payment giving me no alternative. I had googled to see if there was anyone else who had the issue to which I came across this thread

/t5/Access-and-security/Cannot-complete-payment-phone-confirmation/m-p/593185#M2647

Their solution was to use the mobile app, but since the post was in 2012 I assumed the workaround was probably patched out. My assumption was correct. Clearing the cache also did not help. Luckily I have 3 days before my payment time is up but I cannot currently contact Paypal as it is 2AM.  Is there any community member who knows how to tackle this issue in the meantime?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DenimDan12
Contributor
Contributor
Did you confirm your phone number in your account? And delete your old number?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.