Cannot pay with credit card even if its verified and has big limit

LAKEMAN
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to send money to a friend through pay pal using my credit card as funding source since i dont have a balance (account is brand new ) .My credit card has a big limit and is mostly unused , and has 7 months till expiration. Despite this the system stops the process and gives me a message : " This action can not be completed" simply this with no more information . I have send a question ti customers service but i also have to send this moneybvery soon . Any ideas ? Thanks
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@LAKEMAN

Are you trying to send a Personal (friends and family) payment?

• In some instances, Personal Payment pricing may not be available. In these instances, all payments must be Purchase Payments.
  • Personal Payments may not be available on non-PayPal websites or other applications that offer you the ability to send a payment from your Account.
  • Personal Payments may not be sent to recipients in certain countries.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#8

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

LAKEMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for your reply !

I cleaned cookies, i restarted pc , I tried to send the money as a purchase transaction but the result was the same ..

Funny think is that Pay Pal have already charged my card the 1,5 euro to send the verification code and i have seen this on my transactions list of my bank. How could this card be good for Pay Pal charging it and not for using it to send money?

Once you get the code and do the verification of the credit card , does it takes some time to be able to use it or its instant ?

Because i entered yesterday the code and did the verification

Also regarding the countries engaged 2 days ago money has been sent to the same person same adress from a different friend next to me , here in my city and country ...so i dont think there is a Nationality issue as i can see it !!!!1

Thanks  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Waht countries are involved?

Was the credit card already linked to your account?

Why was there a verification code?

Perhaps there is an issue with the recipient's PayPal acocunt.

Login to Me Too

LAKEMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Involved are Greece (sender) and Argentina (recipient)

The same action was performed by a friends account few days ago sending money to the same recipient in Argentina and all worked really fine 

Card is linked to account 

Card is Verified using the verification code that Pay Pal sends to the bank of the credit card with charging 1,5 euro 

But cannot make it work ...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.