Cancellation not appearing in Paypal balance

theleakypen

My transaction says "The payment was cancelled and the money is in your PayPal balance" but no such funds exist, and the money has been transferred out of my bank account but hasn't come back.

Help?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you have a US PayPal Account, with bank transfers, it can take up to 4 days for the funds to be transferred as each bank is different.  When a transaction is cancelled, the money is credited back to your PayPal Account Balance. Times can vary for because of the processing schedules, it can take up to 4 days to see the credit.   Times also vary for refunds, depending on the funding source used by the party doing the refund.

Login to Me Too

Travieso
New Community Member

i have the same issue. I reached out to customer service and the agent which was hard to understand stated one transaction did go through eventhough it was declined on the retailers website and shows canceled on my portal but the money was taken out from my smarconnect account with paypal

Login to Me Too

FrankW1963
New Community Member

I am currently having this same issue. However, I made a purchase using my "Bill me later -now Paypal Credit account" online at petco 22 days ago, I cancelled the transaction the same night via petcos website, however the purchase is still pending in my PayPal Credit account.. I am not sure what to do as I have already attempted to contact Bil Me Later/ Paypal Credit and they just keep telling me to wait and it will post as a credit back to my account. The purchase was on November 25th, I need help if anybody has any suggestions, please, please reply. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.