Can you purchase a vehicle with Paypal credit?

STspender101
Contributor
Contributor

Hello fello Paypal users. I have a question. Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase an entire car using Paypal Credit? The price tag is floating around $1,200.00-$1,500.00 dollars. I have never bought a car online before. I have the available credit, but I just don't know if I can do it. Is there any rules reguarding such large purchases? Am I able to pay the entire balance using paypal credit? I have searched online, and in the forums here, but haven't found anything concrete. Let me know. Thank you.

TL;DR (Too long didn't read): Can I buy an entire car using only paypal credit? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@STspender101

No idea, i never use credit BUT you do not have ANY buyer protection if you use paypal to buy a motor vehicle.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fossil-diver
Contributor
Contributor
If the seller cant arrange to let you or someone else inspect the car in person before payment then there is no car, only a scammer waiting for your money. Never buy a car, or anything else expensive, without inspecting it first.
Login to Me Too

Schweino
Contributor
Contributor

The short answer is no.  As others have stated, you don't have buyer protection on that kind of purchase anyways.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.