Can't use paypal anymore

WhyLeGiT
Contributor
Contributor

i seen a similar topic about a fella getting basically the same message as me. I logged into my account and read a message from paypal basically saying i can't use my paypal account anymore. Is there anything i can do to resolve this? Couldn't it have at least closed my account so i can make another one? I made this account with my main email and would prefer to keep this account associated with the email. Is there any way i can resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Thre should have been some information about the limitation and what you need to do to resolve it unless it was permanently limited with no appeal.

This also means you would not be able to open another account.

If there is a chance to resolve it you will need to call PayPal customer service to discuss your account.

Login to Me Too

WhyLeGiT
Contributor
Contributor

You can’t use PayPal anymore

• Dec 27, 2014: At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we can no longer offer you PayPal services.

Our decision is based on one of these reasons:

• You provided information we believe false, inaccurate, or misleading.
    • You sent or received money that could be related to fraudulent activity.
    • You have more than one account with a negative balance
    • You are in violation of an agreement you have with PayPal such as the User Agreement, the Commercial Entity Agreement, or the Acceptable Use Policy.
    If you would like to understand our decision, contact us.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, at which point we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

This is the message i get when i sign into my account. I've never done anything of the above. I guess i'll just have to contact support. I just really prefer not talkling over the phone. I checked out my activity and found nothing at all. Literally. I haven't made any purchases or transactions yet. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Without knowing anything about your recent transactions, activity, related account, information provided to PayPal, or anyhing else related to PayPay there is no way one can speculate on the reason.

Have you sent or received international funds?

Have you ever used friends/family transfers for goods/services?

Have you ever been late on a credit card account payment?

Has your credit score recently changed?

You will need to evaluate all possible scenarios and then call PayPal customer service.

Login to Me Too

WhyLeGiT
Contributor
Contributor

I've done none of those and i'm only 16. I tried adding a prepaid visa card and got the error "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later." If i were to call support would i need to provide anything besides the problem at hand? Lastly, I have no transaction or payment history. I haven't made any purchases or received any money as far i know.  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You very clearly violated PayPal policy simply by signing up when you are not yet 18 years old.  I suspsect that PayPal found that out.   You could call to make sure, but you won't be able to do anything until you are 18.

Login to Me Too

WhyLeGiT
Contributor
Contributor

Why's that a big problem? I understand what you said but i don't see the harm in it though. Thank you for your help though DPCreations! I really appreciate it. I contacted Paypal through Facebook and hopefully they'll reply. Calling them is my last resort. Hopefully everything can be resolved. Thank you for replying to my issue and suggesting options. I hope you have an awesome evening! 

Login to Me Too

atikovi
Contributor
Contributor

The main issue is minors cant enter into legally binding contracts. Chances are all your activities using Paypal are cool but Paypal doesn't want the liability risk if something goes wrong as they couldn't even sue you. You cant even accept the terms and condition's of Paypal. Why not ask a parent to join so they can use Paypal on your behalf?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.