Can't transfer money to debit card

sweetbream

I linked a visa debit card to my account and I have successfully transferred money onto it several times before . However, today when I tried to transfer some money onto it it did not show up as an option on the withdrawal screen?? instead it gave me the option to link an eligible card , even though the card is still linked to my account .

i tried re-entering my card info but no dice . is something , all of a sudden , wrong with my card or is it a bug or something?? i would really like to eat something today lol

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

Storm206
The person I talked to acknowledged neither debit, credit or checking account transfers were possible at this time. He suggested to me that I could refund the payment. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried that and if that option is working with PayPal at this time?
Login to Me Too

rentzer
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here. I finally transferred to my bank but never got the money today. when i call support it hangs up on me

Login to Me Too

NeedAworkaround
Contributor
Contributor

So they know a lot of people are having issues why not release something with an ETA? Currently on hold because my call back got disconnected just as I answered

Login to Me Too

Coconutty
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. Has anyone been able to get a resolution or ETA regarding a resolution?

Login to Me Too

bfc1214
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not trying to be rude but geez, is nobody from Paypal going to address this? They've had almost an entire day and nobody over at Paypal HQ thought to notify customers that they won't be able to transfer money? No warning, no updates, no ETA on a resolution. Like, what's the deal?

Login to Me Too

Kclindsley
Contributor
Contributor

I got thru to a customer service agent within about 10 minutes, if though the estimated hold time was 1 hour to an hour & half. I was told there was a system upgrade for the ability to tranfer to debit cards only, can still transfer to bank account but that's not immediate & at this rate most likely won't show up until Monday since it takes 24 hours. They could not give a timeframe of when the update would be complete, they just instructed me to try again later. I asked why customers weren't notified or why no one from PP was replying or communicating to customers through this (community) and they said they would look into it. The only benefit of me calling to complain was that they would flag my account for issues, I guess to keep a record of how many people this is actually affecting, bc she said not all users were affected?? I told her a lot of people were probably hanging up after being told they'd be on hold for up to 2 hours, but that someone from PP needed to address these issues & keep their customers updated.

Login to Me Too

bfc1214
Contributor
Contributor

kclindsley i appreciate you filling us in. I just think it's crazy that nobody from PayPal could take the time to do the same. there's a moderator on this board who just replied to a post about $4 chargeback that hasn't been updated since 01/14 yet this entire front page is full of questions from people wondering what's going on and nobody has anything to say?  smh

obituary, it's still not working for me but im hoping that means it will be up and running soon. hopefully before 6 pm or im royally **bleep**. 

Login to Me Too

obituary_sx
Contributor
Contributor

it is working now!!!... i just transfered...

Login to Me Too

ashleym87

i have had the same issue, i was able to transfer to my account yesterday. Today i cant. i get the same notification to link an eligble card when my cards are already linked. its 3:30pm in Texas and i am still not able to send to my account. i hope this issue gets resolved soon 

Login to Me Too

JMad22
Contributor
Contributor
It’s working again mine just went through
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.