Can't send money between my two paypal accounts

bpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to send the balance of my US paypal account (just under $3000) to my UK Paypal account so I can close it.

Both accounts are verified and sending limits have been lifted (this was done yesterday 21 Feb on my US Paypal account and a week or so ago on my UK one).

I am selecting "Personal" and "Other" in type of payment and sending it in US dollars, but when I try to send the money it says "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now".

I do not have a dollar currency set up on my UK account but I understand that when I receive the money I can choose for paypal to convert it into Brtish sterling.

Anyone know why I am getting this message?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you can't receive dollars on your UK account then you need to convert them first OR go to your UK paypal account and click on the words "currency converter" on the same line as your paypal balance on the right side and select to add another receiving currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions but still getting the same message.

I added the US $ currency to my UK account and tried to transfer money from my US paypal account in both British Pounds and US $ as well as sending an invoice from my UK account and still the same error message.

I think I will have to contact them to find out why this is happening.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.