Can't sell an item on ebay nor link a credit card to my paypal

Galleshem
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

So I want to sell an item on Ebay, everything was ok untill I arrived to the moment I needed to decide a payment method.

First, I didn't even understand why would I need to chose a payment method since I'm the SELLER and the shipping of my item is totally free...

Whatever, I still proceeded to chose paypal as a payment method since I already have 45 euros on it.

But no, it asked me to add a new credit card, the ones proposed were Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express, but I don't have any of those cards, I am using a Maestro Card.

So I went back to my paypal account and tried to add my credit card there since on the paypal site I CAN use Maestro Card normally, but after trying several times this was written: Your request can unfortunately not be processed. Please try again later.

I tried again later 😄 Still didn't work, maybe I need to try again later, I don't know..

So yeah, I hope you can help me, I don't think there should be any problem here but whatever.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First, I didn't even understand why would I need to chose a payment method

So the BUYER knows what payment methods YOU accept and can pay you.

Yes even though you may have funds in your paypal account balance paypal like you to have a back up funding source linked to your paypal account as well.

Also if you want buyers to pay you and you need to WITHDRAW those funds then you would need to link a bank account as well as if you are in the U.S you can only withdraw to a bank account verified and linked to your paypal account.

As long as you are linking a U.S card to a U.S paypal account then you should be ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Galleshem
Contributor
Contributor

My bank account is ALREADY link to my paypal account tho, anyway do you have any idea how to help me with my problem ? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Erica

Hi Galleshem,

Thanks for reaching out to us here! It sounds like you are being asked by eBay to set up a method for payment for your eBay seller's fees. If the card you are trying to use for that is not being accepted we would regrettably not be able to see why from here. We'd recommend reaching out to eBay directly for more assistance with this.

I hope this helps!

-Erica

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.