Can't receive payment

journbon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Some one is trying to send me money and they keep on getting this message "We're sorry, the recipient doesn't accept payments using this funding source. Please choose another"  Can't someone help me out and explain this to me? Does this have anything to do with The sender being in the UK and me being in the US?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Could be one of these >>>

1. Do you have a business account? As you are not allowed to sell on a personal account any "buyers" would not be able to fund their payment to you via a card.

2. Is your buyer paying you in dollars or pounds sterling? If its the latter then is your paypal account set up to receive pounds sterling?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

journbon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanlk you for your reply. I don't have a business account.I  am not selling anything. The sender is making a donation to help with my dog's surgery. How do I check and see if my account allows other denominations besides US?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. If you are not selling anything then make sure your donator is using the friends / family option to send the donation. If they are using the goods / services option then paypal will see you as a seller and may stop them sending a card funded payment.

2. You don't need to accept pounds sterling, just ask them to send dollars, all they have to do is click on send money > friends / family > make sure they imput your email addy correctly (if the payment gets lost you may not get it back again) > select dollars from the drop down box > then before they click submit it will tell them how much in sterling will be debited from their funding source.

3. Tip = dog insurance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

journbon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again for your reply. I have sent the donator your reply so I hope it helps. As for the tip, dog insurance was not available for my dog but thanks anyways. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Aw was she too old, whats wrong with her?

I have an 18 year old !! border terrier.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

journbon
Contributor
Contributor

He had a tumor on his **bleep** gland so the vet wanted to remove the tumor along with the **bleep** gland hoping it would relieve his severe dehydration problem. Unfortunately it hasn't so we are waitng for the biopsy results on the tumor. He is a 10 year old german shepherd.

Login to Me Too

journbon
Contributor
Contributor

I see they censored my post for some reason. It was the a*** gland. It's a common site for tumors.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.