Can't make payment to Paypal Credit (literally)

Bridgebrain
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not 100% sure that the problem isn't only on my system, but when I attempt to pay my bill on Paypal Credit, the page doesn't leave the initial overview. 

It adds "#"  to the url (https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/credit/payments?requester=merchant) , but otherwise refuses to continue to the actual page. This applies to view payments and older transactions. 

I tried this on Chrome and IE, so it's not just a single browser glitch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Fairshake72
Contributor
Contributor

All I see is the Paypal Smart Connect account and not Paypal Credit.

@nancybuffington wrote:

To make a Paypal payment, go to "Wallet".  Once you're in there on the left side, the second one down, click on "Paypal Credit" and it will take you to your account showing what creditcards you have on file.   There is a line that says: "make a payment".  That's how you make a payment.  Not very handy and I should think they would put a tab on the Home page.  But, oh well, they didn't make me Queen.

Login to Me Too

clcoronios
New Community Member

For me (USA), when I log into PayPal, on the right side under Quick Links, there is one for Bill Me Later.  THAT takes me to the page where I can pay my BML/PayPal Credit account.

It is a ripping PITA!  So difficult to figure out!   

Login to Me Too

planetmort
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to make a payment all morning, and none of the advice here works. I ma told I have to link a bank account, but neither of my two bank accounts work, with useless error messages ("can't link bank account"). I am given no option to use my debit card. Classic view and wallet - neither work, and now my payment is late. 

Thanks PayPal. You had a system that worked, and now does not, and I'm trying to give *YOU* money. At this point I'd happily go old school and mail you a darn check, but I can't figure out how to do that, either.

Login to Me Too

planetmort
Contributor
Contributor

Any advice? Trying PayPal customer service has yielded exactly nothing. I cannot believe it's this hard to give them money!

Login to Me Too

Bridgebrain
Contributor
Contributor
Try clearing your browser cache/using a different browser. Probably won't help, but once in a while code gets clogged up in the cache and creates weird extra errors.
Login to Me Too

jav_vela

I've been having the same stupid problem I keep getting a stupid message saying "goodnews.  You already paid your balance in full." I have a balance and its due on 12/05/14 and it wants me to set automatic payments but I only have the option to pay balance in full or the minimum of $25 SMH.

If you want to make payments call 1-866-528-3733 this is pay pal credits number and make them over the phone.

Good Luck! make you want to stop using this stupid site 

Login to Me Too

wharfrat70
Contributor
Contributor

I can't even see my paypal credit.  I owe a balance but can't see it anywhere.  I log in to Bill Me Later, it redirects me to paypal.  Paypal credit doesn't show up on the front page.  It doesn't show up under wallet.  It doesn't show up anywhere.  I found a place where it says to link my Bill Me Later to my Paypal account, but it says they're already linked.  I can't see any info about my account online since Paypal took over Bill Me Later.  They really fumbled this one.  At this rate I'm just going to call the number, pay the balance in full, and close the account.  All their links lead me in circles, with no resolution - to say it is maddening is an understatement.

Login to Me Too

Thalek
New Community Member

I thought I'd set up advisories so I would know when payments were due, et cetera.  And I had pre-scheduled payments going for awhile.  However, I received an automated phone call today telling me I am past due on my PayPal Credit account.

So, I went to my PayPal account to try and pay the bill and set up more scheduled payments.  Except that I cannot find ANY links to my PayPal Credit account.  I've read and followed the advice here, but I simply cannot find it.

I will cheerfully pay what I owe, once they make it possible again, but in the meantime, I'm dead in the water.

Login to Me Too

Fairshake72
Contributor
Contributor

Go to Paypalcredit.com  then click opn "Manage' on the bottom right, it will take you to the BillMeLater site.

Login to Me Too

talers
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for posting the phone number.  I guess I too will have to call for resolution...  I'm totally annoyed that we "only have the option to pay balance in full or the minimum".

So I can't set up 6 equal payments to pay off my balance before the promotional 0$ interest period ends.  And because no payment is due for 6 months, there is no statement and, therefore, no account number.  So I can't even go outside the system to mail a check!  Freaking annoying.

It's almost as if it is designed to encourage failure.  An easy yet underhanded way to make zillions in late fees and back interest (at almost 20%).  Grrr......!!!  Not cool, PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.