Can't capture funds

willa87
Contributor
Contributor
This is the first time I've had this problem. I have an authorization from a customer for $115.99, and was getting errors when I tried to capture it. Then it showed that I had two authorizations from the same customer for the same amount. So I e-mailed Paypal about it a couple days ago and haven't heard back. So today it's back to one authorization, and I still can't capture it. But I filled the order anyways because I assumed there was no problem, and his package shipped today(I use dropshipping). I searched for an answer and apparently paypal doesn't allow captures if there's a problem with the customer's account. He also doesn't have an address on file with PayPal. Did I just **bleep** myself? Will I ever be able to capture these funds? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BednBreakfast
New Community Member

My experience, after talking with my customer, it was my customer's credit card company that refused to withdraw from the customer's card on grounds that the credit card company thought it was a cheesy transaction.  My customer had to call her credit card company to explain that I processed a legitimate transaction before they would release the funds.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.