Can paypal reverse a completed bank withdrawal from an expired account?

mitsi
Contributor
Contributor

I withrawed a payment and  status says completed, I tryed withrawing it from an ATM machine after a week the machine says contact my bank, I tryed other ATM machines and got the same, I went to my bank and realize my account is already expired. Is there anyway paypal can reverse a completed withrawal from an expired account? How can i get my hard earned money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mitsi
Contributor
Contributor

Issue resolved,  funds returned 24th of May, took them a month to realize. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

koesut
Contributor
Contributor

If there is a problem with your withdrawal (eg you bank account already expired), it may take up to one week or more for your bank to notify payPal. PP’ll alert you by email if PP learn of any problems processing your withdrawal.

If the bank denies the transfer and returns the money to your PayPal account, you’ll be notified by email and charged a return fee.

Login to Me Too

mitsi
Contributor
Contributor

Even if the payment status indicates "completed" since april 17? i guess i really have to wait for a month until may 17 and see how it goes...

Login to Me Too
Solved

mitsi
Contributor
Contributor

Issue resolved,  funds returned 24th of May, took them a month to realize. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi mitsi,

Thank you for coming back to let the Community know that you've had a resolution! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

koesut
Contributor
Contributor

glad to hear this.

🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.