Can my Paypal Debit Mastercard be linked with my Paypal Credit account?

sb_cash
New Community Member

Can my Paypal Debit Mastercard be linked with my Paypal Credit account?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As this is a member to member help group, we're not the same as customer support.   Suggest that you contact the PayPal Credit customer support people concerning your question.    You can call them at 1-866-528-3733.

Login to Me Too

onelifetolive45
New Community Member

I am curious if this question was answered

Login to Me Too

claptonou812
New Community Member

would like to know if the paypal debit card can be used with my paypal credit account.........if not when can it be used even there is a balance with my account,or should i just cut it in half.....

any answer's would be helpful..............thanks...............

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nicole

Hi claptonou812,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Community Help forum. What a great question!

PayPal Credit cannot be used to fund a purchase made with the PayPal Debit Mastercard.

When you use your PayPal Debit Mastercard, PayPal will use your backup payment method if you do not have enough money in your PayPal balance.

Thank you,
Nicole
PayPal Credit
Login to Me Too

LupeR
New Community Member

What If your backup payment method is your Papal Credit?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nicole

Hi LupeR,

Thank you for posting.

PayPal Credit cannot be set as a backup funding source.

Thank you,
Nicole
PayPal Credit
Login to Me Too

RudeRedDog
New Community Member

As another PayPal user being interested in this same matter I need to ask this question.

Why PayPal_Nichole, is it that PayPal Credit cannot be - or maybe the better wording: is not being allowed to (by PayPal itself) be - setup as a backup funding source?

I remember a few months ago when I was talking with PayPal customer service, about removing my PayPal SmartConnect credit line from my PayPal account after I had paid it off and also discussed adding the new PayPal Credit to it and also indicating a desire to use the PayPal Credit as my backup funding and NO ONE mantioned that I might not be better served to keep my PayPal SmartConnect credit line.

I unfortunately found out that the PayPal Smart Connect would not be connected to my PayPal Business Debit Mastercard, but not until after I had closed my PayPal SmartConnect account.

To this day, this has left a bad taste in my mouth and left me with less than happy feelings about the issue. One PayPal representative indicated that there was some merger or acquisition or changeover that was occurring - such as the dissolution of PayPal from EBay and that after this, PayPal Credit would likely be able to be used.

I still wonder how much truth I have been given about this issue.

Simply put PayPal_Nichole: If PayPal will not be allowing PayPal Credit to be used as such for a financial reason, then by all honest reasoning, just come out and tell us that it is not in PayPal's best business interests to do so and be done with it.

Just makes me irritated to be truthful.

RudeRedDog
Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Russ1
New Community Member
If I have a 0 balance and I use my PayPal debit card to make a purchase and PayPal credit is my preferred payment method will the payment be made from the available balance in my Paypay credit account
Login to Me Too

Capitol1
New Community Member
Just a month ago, this used to work with 0 balance, but stopped working afterwards. Im not sure what's up.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.