Can I split payment for invoice (urgent question sorry)

MaMaDx
Contributor
Contributor

I'm located in Ukraine (credit card as well 🙂

I've won an item on eBay  that with shipment sums into 90USD.

The problem is that due to bad financial situation in my country my bank limited daily international payments from credit cards to ~33USD.

So now I'm unable to pay in one step.

Is it legal to ask seller tell me his PayPal e-mail so that I can send him money through PayPal in 3 days? If yes can You please point me on this feature.

Max

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi MaMaDx

Its not illegal to ask seller to pay straight to their ppal but its best to contact the seller explain your situation and ask them if u can pay this way

Login to Me Too

MaMaDx
Contributor
Contributor

Can I point the seller to this thread? Or there is some official note?

My seller actually joined eBay on January 2014. So may be he is not aware of this option.

How can I calm him? I think that he looks at me like I'm going to cheat him with this proposition. Unopened case is already opened - though I've send him e-mail with this spit option a day before with no reply from him.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can make multiple payments however, doing so, your transaction is not covered for Buyer or Seller Protection.  This is outlined in the User Agreement

Here's a few tips as to how PayPal uses funding sources.

PayPal will first look at your PayPal Account balance, if you have insufficient funds, PayPal will then take the funds from your Bank Account. PayPal will do an instant transfer from your bank account assuming you have a current linked and confirmed credit card.  If the card is not current or no card, then the transfer from your bank account to pay for the purchase can take a few days, possibly up to 4.

If you have a credit card and no bank account, then the credit card will be used. This all happens assuming you don't elect to choose a funding source. Note, If you have both a bank account and credit card, you can choose to pay with your credit card on the PayPal Checkout screens by using the pay with another source option. There you can select your card from the dropdown.

It is possible to pay using the funds in your Account balance and the remainder with a credit card however, you must first elect to pay with your credit card. Your available balance will be used up and the remainder is charged to your card. As this now looks like you've sent a single payment, you remain eligible for Buyer Protection. You would not be eligible for Buyer Protection, if you paid for the item with two separate transactions.

What you cannot do is split a single payment between 2 bank accounts, 2 credit/debit card accounts or a bank account and a credit/debit card account. In addition, you cannot split a single payment between 2 PayPal accounts.

Login to Me Too

Kovbasan
Contributor
Contributor

The case described here is quite strange: the National Bank of Ukraine has set a monthly international money transfer limit for individuals of about 1200 USD (not a daily limit of 40 USD).

Therefore, the described issue looks more like an operation limit related to a particular credit card (should be resolved by contacting the bank's support), or a particularly bad bank (should be resolved by ordering a new card from a different bank).

Login to Me Too

MaMaDx
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is. But You know better than me that some banks here feeling bad. 🙂 No luck for my bank - daily limit for ATM today is 100 UAH 🙂 

Actually I've solved my issue - I've received item few weeks ago.

As to the new credit card: You know how much time bank needs to issue new credit card (~-7 working days). When case is opened You have just 4 days. Mine was already opened 1 day when I've made this post... So...

Login to Me Too

Kovbasan
Contributor
Contributor

@MaMaDx wrote:

Actually I've solved my issue - I've received item few weeks ago.

So did you paid it in parts, or in full using another card?

@MaMaDx wrote:

So...

...yes, it's better to check whether there are enough costs available before buying anything 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.