Can I lose my money from Paypal or it's just withheld for 180 days?

alex1936
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone

First off I just want to say that I'm very impressed with this community, upon my search about Paypal I came across a lot of places that usually very biased and give bad impression about Paypal like Paypalsucks, it's nice to have a Paypal community when people can really communicate and share experience. 

I'm fairly new to Paypal and I'm currently running a side, small business which I use Paypal as my payment processor because of the ease in setup process. The thing is my account is very new so I get limited just a few weeks in, which I totally understand, even if the documents I send them cannot lift my limitation. It is okay to me because I can afford to have the money withheld for 180 days.

I just want to know that is there any chance the money in my account can be lost, or I will surely get the money back after 180 days? assume that I have no dispute/chargeback (which is true, I haven't received any dispute because I keep up with customer service pretty good so they're all happy).

In short, I'm fine with getting back the money after 180 days, I'm just worried that Paypal will make some ways to get all of my money. I've read that some other payment processor they refund all money to customers even though the customers are perfectly happy and don't dispute or do chargeback. Also, I read that sometimes Paypal decides to close people account without notice, which maybe means the money in the account was lost too, though I'm not sure about this.

I hope that some of you may give me a clear view upon this matter.

Thank you so much in advance!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alex1936

Even if its limited you can normally access funds after 180 days.

HOWEVER why not contact customer services direct and see if you can get it un-limited if its just a matter of providing more info??

>>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alex1936
Contributor
Contributor

I honestly wish that I can get a more comprehensive answer that address my question... I hope that I have made my question clear

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alex1936

Your welcome, so glad i bothered to take the time to respond to your query.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you want a more comprehensive answer you will need to contact PayPal customer service as already recommended by @kernowlass.  Customer service can be very helpful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.