Can I link a Walmart Bluebird Card to Paypal

skifast
Contributor
Contributor

I am thinking about getting a Walmart Bluebird card.  Can it be link and used for Paypal transactions?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Circus_Gothika
New Community Member

Yes, I've linked my Bluebird card to my PayPal account (both the temporary and the permanent on arrival).

Login to Me Too

nctarheels2009
New Community Member

How did you link you bluebird card to ur paypal

Login to Me Too

cameronnewland
New Community Member

I successfully linked my BlueBird account to PayPal last week using the deposit amount method, however, the first time I attempted to pay someone via PayPal using my BlueBird account as the funding source, the payment initially went through but then days later I got the following error email(s) sent to me regarding the transaction from PayPal:

PayPal: Your bank declined your electronic funds transfer

On [date], we attempted to transfer $[amount] from your bank account ending in [numbers]. This transfer was returned by your bank on the reason below:

This is an invalid bank account number.

As a result, this bank account has been disabled from your PayPal account.

Incorrect Bank Account Details - Your PayPal payment cannot be completed by Bank Funding because your bank informed us that the bank account information registered with PayPal are incorrect. As a result, this Bank Funding payment has been reversed.

I find it quite interesting that there would be an error, considering that the process of linking and validating my BlueBird account as a bank account worked just fine. Perhaps BlueBird isn't allowing outgoing ACH transfers?

It would be nice to know what the problem is here, and also to know when (if ever) BlueBird is going to support being a PayPal funding source.

Login to Me Too

Jules750
New Community Member

If you can't transfer funds from your Bluebird account,to Paypal has anyone done the opposite...transfered funds from Paypal to their Bluebird account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.