CHARGEBACK I AIN'T PAYING NOTHING!

LittlePiggy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, i received a payment by mistake (i don't know how he could enter the wrong email adress but ayway) i spent the money and now the guy made a claim with his CC company that it was an unauthorized payment, it sure wasnt i don't even know who he is so it can't be fraud. I read paypal's terms and conditions and it says that they won't give the money back if it's a mistake like that. Right now i have a negative balance and i really don't wanna pay back lol, what should i do? Btw i'm in mexico oh, and this is a finantial cuestion, let's try to leave any moral judgments on the side, thanks!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well the moral question is the most important, if you received money that was not yours then you should you have refunded that person.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LittlePiggy
Contributor
Contributor

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah figures.

But remember what goes around comes around, hope you get your well deserved reward and someone scams you, you dishonest person. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KingofSpades
New Community Member

Soooooo, I just came across this post. Old or not, I was just curious.... how did this all turn out for you in the end? Did PayPal get that money back?

Login to Me Too

Rescuelurch
New Community Member

You said you received it by mistake, in other words, you knew it was not yours. Do you always try to use other people's money? Have you never made an HONEST mistake? As for your financial answer, if you were in business, would you stay in business long if this happened to you? Suppose it was a bill for the same amount? Would you just pay it as quick as you stole this money? Let's call a spade a spade, this is stealing as it was obviously not yours to take, period! As for what can happen, let me tell you this, I was recently quite wrongly accused of stealing. Those who know me well know it is just not in me to do this. When this moron was blasted by all that knew me, he dropped it, then realized it was HIS mistake! Would someone who knew you well be so assured you could be so trusted? Twice I have been overpayed when cashing checks. I had one for four hundred and one for two hundred. Both times I told them it was a mistake. I still gave them the opportunity to recount after they assured me there was no mistake. One was about eleven years ago the other close to thirty. I was stopped a couple of months ago by this woman who I had no clue who she was. It was the one from almost thirty years ago! I had long forgotten about that, but, apparently she never did. She had to jog my memory for me to remember. It is for this reason I felt compelled to comment on this.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well stated!  

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.