Buying on Ebay with Credit Card

d_black87
New Community Member

Hello! I'm a first time Paypal user buying on ebay. The item I am attempting to purchase costs about $250 (if that matters) and I have added my credit card to my paypal account. When I look at the credit card under my profile it indicates that the credit card has been confirmed. However, when I try to checkout with paypal on ebay, I get the following error:

The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.

Any idea why this would be? Occasionally I get a different error message (I have been trying to checkout for about two days now) saying to check to make sure the card is confirmed on paypal prior to checkout. I have removed and readded the credit card on paypal, but to no avail..

Please help!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cmcaninch
New Community Member

I have been using PayPal for EBay for about three years.  Suddenly my credit cards have disappeared from the change payment options.  I added a new card and it still does not allow me the change payment options or credit cards.  Something goofy is happening.  Now I cannot select any payment option!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.