Buyer filed claim against me???

emiliocrustilio
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a camera on a selling app. My dad who is strictly against selling things online/buying things online because he thinks bank accounts can be hacked/card info can be stolen. He found out and made me delete my account on the app and cancel everything. I thought he wouldn't find out and I had the money in my account so I bought stuff. She filed a claim even though I told her what happened and she doesn't believe me. 

What do I do? I'm telling the truth. I have no money in my account because I don't have my own card or bank account, I just linked my dad's. He is definitely not going to help me out he said it's my responsibilty now.

I can't pay her I have no clue as to what to do next. Paypal says they're closing the claim on April 15.

So sick of the "buyer's always right" idea 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

emiliocrustilio
Contributor
Contributor

I have a lot of typos, lol oops

I meant I spent all the money she purchased the camera for and now I have negative balance b/c of the claim

If the claim closes, will paypal just keep the negative money there? Or will they take money out of the linked card I have? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So many issues.  First a few questions.

Are you over 18?

Are you using your own computer or a computer belonging to someone else.

What account did you close?

What was the dispute filed?  Why wasn't it resolved?

You won't be able to close your PayPal acocunt while you have a negative balance.  It will have to be satisfied. PayPal will do whatever it takes to recover the funds.  If you don't settle, PayPal will pass the account to a debt collection agency.  PayPal will limit or close your account, but you will still owe the money. It would be likely that PayPal will not allow you to create a new account.

It's best your find the funds for the forced refund.  By the way, when you sell something, it is always a good idea to keep sufficient funds in your account for severa weeks in case of a dispute; it's just good business practice.

For now, just make your account right so you are in good standing with PayPal.  Then wait until you have more businesse experience before using it for anything.

There are a lot of unanswered questions yet about your account and activities.

Login to Me Too

emiliocrustilio
Contributor
Contributor

I closed the selling app account called depop.

I'm only 17

I'm using a family computer.

The dispute is not resolved because I don't have money to refund the buyer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.