Buyer claims product is faulty when I know for certain it isn't.

KieranA88
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I recently sold an iPhone 3gs in great condition that functioned perfectly. I posted the phone and the buyer received it, even left a posted positive feedback as 'Item as described' and 'very happy with the phone'. However, today (12 days after receiving the phone) the buyer has contacted me saying that the phone freezes and has not much lighting on it when I know full well that there were no such problems experienced by the previous owner. The sale also said no returns accepted. Where do I stand with this as I know the phone works perfectly yet the buyer is saying otherwise even after a positive feedback and having the phone for nearly 2 weeks. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You do have the serial number of the phone u sent them....correct.

Either it crashed, or they broke it, or they are going to send you back a different I-phone that was already broken.

Login to Me Too

KieranA88
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I do have the serial number. I was fearing the latter suggestion. Upon the notification from the buyer that they are going to open a dispute, I will mention that I have the serial number of the phone that I sent to attempt to dismiss this happening if this is indeed what is going on. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.