Buy / Sell forums asking for 3% fee to pay with Paypal

rjx
Contributor
Contributor

This forum https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=74

The majority of sellers at this forum ask for gift payments, or to add 3% to the total price.

I thought this violated the user agreement of paypal?

Buyers shouldn't be penalized for using Paypal.

It's the cost of doing business for the sellers. They need to start factoring fee's into their prices. Don't they realize this is NOT a free service? They need to stop cheating.

Actually, I've seen many forums that allow people in their buy sell sections to allow sellers to charge fee's. We should report them all.

I'm sick of it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rjx

It won't do you any good as sellers are allowed to surcharge as long as you know about the surcharge BEFORE you commit to buy.

Its only on ebay surcharging is not allowed.

If you know what the surcharge is and are not happy to pay it then just don't buy from that seller, equally if they are asking for gift payments where there is no buyer protection, do not buy from them.

FROM PAYPALS USER AGREEMENT.

You further agree that if you do charge a buyer any form of surcharge that you, and not PayPal, will inform the buyer of the requested charge. PayPal has no liability to any buyer where you have failed to inform the buyer of any surcharge. You acknowledge that if you are permitted to surcharge and your further fail to disclose any form of surcharge to a buyer this may constitute a criminal offence by you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.