Brand Risk Management illegally holds my money

auparc
New Community Member

Initially I thought the email was spoofed. Someone from Brand Risk Management (BRM) without signing their name, sent me an email requesting me to provide invoices for 2 transactions, one of which does not exist, and the other one is a cash back payment that I received from a well-known cash back website.

The website they said that I sold these items through is a website I NEVER sold anything through.

I have emailed them several times to explain that I cannot provide invoices for something that does not exist and for a cash back payment for I did not sell that cash back website anything, and it was not a sale. But they kept emailing me the same email with the same content. I have the feeling they don't read emails.

Conveniently, I have over $1K in my account now. I have read other stories about PayPal limited accounts of people for unreasonable reasons and hold their money ($K) for 6 months.

Have this ever happened to you? I would appreciate it a lot if someone could provide me the direct number to BRM so I can have a recorded conversation with them, and then speak with my family lawyer.

My advice: do not keep money in your PP account, move it like it's hot.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.