Big Problems With The Bill Me Later (now PayPal Credit) Payment Options

kevin07kelly
Contributor
Contributor

Based on the questions I'm seeing, I'm not the only person who is trying and failing to make a monthly payment on the service once known as Bill Me Later. 

I've never had so much trouble making a payment (and I'm starting to wonder if this is purposely made to be difficult).

I have a PayPal Credit line.  When I received the line of credit, it was a offer during the Christmas season allowing me to take 12 months to pay for items over a specific dollar amount.  I have no problem making a payment on this purchase.

In February of 2016, I used $150 of my credit line to purchase inventory for my Ebay shop.  This particular purchase gives me 6 months to pay off the $150 balance without interest fees.  I can see the purchase in my PayPal credit page, but I can't make a payment.  

When I tried to make a combined payment of the first purchase and the second purchase, the combined total amount is applied to the first purchase, so it looks as if I didn't make a payment on the second purchase.  Not good considering this account accrues interest.   Of course the second item states there is no payment due until the end of the 6 month period.   I don't work that way.  Once I pay myself or transfer funds to my bank, I apply the remaining balance to my PayPal credit line.  I may make three to five payments in one month . . . you pay it off quicker that way. 

Anyway, how do I make a payment on the second purchase to ensure the credit is applied  to the correct purchase?  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I pay PayPal Credit routinely right from the PayPal Credit payment page.  The money is taken from my checking account.  I don't make any periodic payments, just a single payment when a transcation is due--real simple.

I never tried to split a payment as it think it will be done correctly.  However, when paying before the full balance is due, it may be that the non-due payment goes to pay down the oldest balance; that would make sense for business.

If no payment is due for 6 months, there is no advantage to pay off early; actually, you'd be better investing the money for 6 months for a little interest; my theory is to not give up my money until necessary, as long as I'm not paying interest to borrow it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.