Anyone know how long to resolve a disputed transaction?

Lokesenna
New Community Member

I have an "unauthorized transaction" claim against me and have provided Paypal the receipt showing the individual received the item and then used the item. How long until they put the money back in my account? I need to pay bills in a couple of days and need to know if I need to open a virtual bank account to do that. I do not want my primary account used on the internet, and with Paypal holding my money and putting me in the negative, I am not about to put any money in there until this is resolved in my favor. 

Any info/past experience would be helpful.

Thanks much! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Because each scenario is different - resolution times vary - can be anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Because each scenario is different - resolution times vary - can be anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks.

Login to Me Too

Lokesenna
New Community Member

Thank you so much! I will pop on over to a certain v bank and make sure I send my money that way so I can meet my virtual obligations. Also, I will be more careful in the future about what transactions I allow through Paypal. If this had been a large transaction, it would have hurt me pretty badly to have it yanked in 24 hours then have to wait a couple weeks to get it back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.