Anyone have problems with claims?

Graypa_1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having an issue with PayPal customer service. A rep gave me incorrect details so now the seller has another 10 days to respond again! If their rep hadn't misinformed me, I wouldn't have ever been in this situation. Anyone have any tips?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Graypa_1

Once you escalate a dispute to a claim then paypal always gives the seller 10 days to respond and sometimes longer if its an international sale.

Not sure how anyone giving you wrong info could make that 10 days = 20 days? But if they did then i guess you will just have to wait another 10 days, as long as you get your money back it may be worth the wait.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Graypa_1
Contributor
Contributor

It was more like they initially told me I didn't have to return the package, it was the sellers fault... And then asked me why I didn't return it 12 days later. If they hadn't misinformed me, it'd be over. Now I'm **bleep** financially. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Graypa_1

I have to say that some of paypals agents are not the brightest lights in the harbour !!

If you were told that then its very bad that they gave you that information.

Have you sent it back now? Have you sent it trackable? Is the dispute closed?

If you have supplied a tracking number then once the item shows as delivered you should get your money back.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Graypa_1
Contributor
Contributor

No! Thanks to their stupidity, they were given as gifts! Because they reassured me, I didn't need to send them back. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Graypa_1

Have you challenged them on the bad information you were given?

Have you phoned them and told them that you lost out because of the information you were given??

If you have and they have not sorted it for you then try and put it all down in chronilogical order and send it >>>

to Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

FINALLY did you fund your paypal payment to the seller via a credit card? If so then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.