Adding money/Payment when I have a low balance

Amerrrrr
Contributor
Contributor
Hello PayPal Community, I know there is a MoneyPak method to add money but I've had a problem with it in the past and would not like it to happen again. (It wasn't easy to add it kept asking info like my SSN and then they sent me a refund in the mail). People told me they don't ask for anything all you have to do is put in the numbers an you're done. (Can someone please tell me why can't I just add my MoneyPak number and it should work). Also I'm wondering if I can add money via debit card. Like I link my debit card and just put all the money inside my PayPal balance (if so please tell me how). I have both a debit card and my bank account linked to my PayPal account I was wondering what happens if I run out of money on my PayPal balance? Will it take from my bank or debit card when I go over balance? And how can I change it to make it take from my debit instead of my bank. I thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Amerrrrr ,

That's a good question. Government regulations require PayPal to obtain, verify, and record certain information that will allow PayPal to reasonably identify you. If PayPal is unable to do so, you may not be able to use certain features of the account.

If you're looking to add money to your PayPal account, you can do so with a bank account instead. Credit and debit card regulations prevent PayPal from allowing cards to be used to load a PayPal balance.

If you're running low on funds in your PayPal account, you can select a card or bank account on file to back up the rest of the payment.

I hope this information helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Amerrrrr
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much for your respond I wasn't expecting anyone to actual respond lol. I have my 'Savings' account linked can I still take money out of my bank into my PayPal balance or should I switch to my 'Checkings' bank account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Amerrrrr,

You can use a checking or savings account. 🙂

Whichever you like. 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.