Adding a paid invoice

Fayth13
New Community Member

I paid for some goods via PayPal.  The seller sent me an invoice via PayPal, and I paid it via credit card.  I didn't log into PayPal, as I'm in a different country to where my PayPal is registered and I wanted to use a credit card from my current country, not the one my PayPal is in.

Anyway, the goods have not come and the seller is being evasive, so I want to open a dispute.

There's a link in the invoice to add it to a PayPal account, and I've tried to do that so that I can then open a dispute.  The registration page has the last 4 digits of my card already, and then asks me to enter the registered address and my DOB.  Then when I submit the details an error message comes up asking for the card security code and expiry date, but there is nowhere on this page to enter those details!

How do I get around this?  Or, how can I dispute this invoice?  Any help would be appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fayth13

Sounds as if you paid as a guest buyer, in which case you can still open a dispute but you have to contact customer services by phone and they will open it for you, escalating it to a claim straightaway.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.