Add Balance

Revoked
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm trying to add money to my Paypal balance from my confirmed bank account but when I try to add it I get the message "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."  I currently have another bank transfer pending to add money to my balance. Are you only allowed to have one pending bank transfer at a time or is there something else wrong?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly can i ask if you are just a buyer? if so then you never need funds in your paypal account balance to buy things.

Paypal will automatically take the funds from your bank account or card to pay the seller during the payment process.

The only thing they like though as they credit the seller for you and then wait for your funds to transfer is a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

Not sure why they are not allowing you to do the second transfer, your only option is to do as they suggest and contact customer services and ask them. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Revoked
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just a buyer. I don't currently have a credit card linked to my paypal since I'm still waiting for it to get here in the mail. I was trying to order parts for a new computer yesterday and got a message saying they don't allow non-instant transfers and I only had the options to link a credit card, or transfer the money from my bank account to my paypal balance and then checking out again afterwards.

If I link a credit card to my account and try to order the parts again will it just take the money out of my bank account instantly because altogether the parts will be more than the limit of what my credit card will have and I already have the money in the bank.

Login to Me Too

Revoked
Contributor
Contributor

Bump.

Sent Paypal an email 21 hours ago but still haven't received a response so far. Anyone have a clue what might be going on?

Login to Me Too

thegrayghost
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.

Login to Me Too

Revoked
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, they still haven't responded to my email and today my other bank transfer completed so I tried to add the money again but i'm still getting the same problem and I shouldn't have any limit since I already confirmed my bank account.
Login to Me Too

Revoked
Contributor
Contributor

Sent them another email and finally got a response telling me to call them which I wont be doing.

I just tried to add a dollar to my balance and it worked so I assume there's a limit on how much I can add to my paypal balance. I suppose I just have to wait for my credit card to arrive in the mail and hopefully I'll be able to purchase what I need via instant bank transfer.

Login to Me Too

Zolace
Contributor
Contributor

How to you tell it to use the bank instead of credit card when paying someone?

Login to Me Too

Cikinis
New Community Member

hi, could someone exlpain why mone not coming to the paypal account from my bank accout????? I add money weeek ago, the money been taken from bank account and they still not in. I do that cos want spend from paypal card when I traveling but now I still spending from my bank card cos my funds only in my bank account???/?

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.