Account Hacked & Payment Illegally Sent

GreenVine
Contributor
Contributor

Attacker sent my money without authorization. I contacted PayPal,Inc. to recoup the losses but they are unwilling to help and rejected my request.

On 2013-Mar-18, an attacker illegally broken into my PayPal account and send $535 payment to Audentio Design. According to account history, I found there is another unauthorized $375 payment sent to this attacker.

I contacted PayPal and used their Resolution Center to immediately frozen these payments, they told me they are investigating your unauthorized transaction claim. However, they rejected my claim after 14 hours.

I called PayPal again and they agreed to start second investigation, but still rejected without any detailed reasons.

In this case, PayPal didn't take care of my account security and let the attacker logged into my account without my permission, they should at least provide services like Email and SMS verification so such cases can easily avoided.

I already scanned my PC and no virus.

So I am wondering how I can still recoup the losses?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

GreenVine
Contributor
Contributor
Who can help me?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.