Accepting International Credit Cards?

jwenzelfl
New Community Member

Good Morning.

We are a merchant with an e-commerce store here in the USA.  PayPal is a payment option on our site, but I admit it is not a frequently used option with our customers and therefore I'm not super familiar.

Can a US based entity accept (process) international credit cad payments through its PayPal account?  We are now getting a fair number of international inquiries and don't know quite how to handle them and their credit cards.

Any input is most appreciated!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

clearvizcomptr
Contributor
Contributor

Same  here. I service many clients that are now needing to ship and accept payments from International banks/customers.  Most US based payment gateway services use VISA's AVS system for address verification. This does not handle cards from International banks well at all. Only the US and Canada.  While most US/Canada based banks will return address info so that it can be matched with what was provided by the customer at payment time (via AVS standards), International banks do not provide this info in the same format if they provide anything at all. How does Paypal (and, in particular, the PayFlow gateway) handle International cards/banks? 

What has been the experience of the group here in re: handling International customer? Any "best practices" would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, but ther is an additional 1% fee for cross border payments. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.