AMEX Gift Card NOT Being Accepted Into My Wallet - HELP ASAP

Helix_22
New Community Member

I joined PayPal today and bought a $25 American Express Gift Card to use online, but when I went to Wallet -> Link a Credit Card -> Gift Card and selected American Express I typed in all the correct information (I've tried multiple times, but have gotten the same response) and click Save, it does not work and says "This card is not accepted. Please use a different card"

This is extremely frusturating as the option to select American Express is there yet it says the card is not accpted.

Please help ASAP!

Thank you!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BigBadBrad
New Community Member

18Aug16 Have purchased a $500 AmEx Gift Card to use PayPal wallet and it is not being accepted.

Same issue as previous post. Note that there is NO RESPONSE FROM PAYPAL!!!!!!! (in this forum).

At this point in time I can only assume that PayPal DOES NOT ACCEPT AMEX GIFT CARDS and the info on their site

DELIBERATELY misleads the consumer. 

PayPal have some guts and respond to your customers complaints.

@Helix_22 wrote:

I joined PayPal today and bought a $25 American Express Gift Card to use online, but when I went to Wallet -> Link a Credit Card -> Gift Card and selected American Express I typed in all the correct information (I've tried multiple times, but have gotten the same response) and click Save, it does not work and says "This card is not accepted. Please use a different card"

This is extremely frusturating as the option to select American Express is there yet it says the card is not accpted.

Please help ASAP!

Thank you!!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

call AMEX,you may not be the first one experiencing problem,may be they know why

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.