A 21 day hold on MY money? (Not Paypal's money)

concerned11
New Community Member

This is horse **bleep**. A very **bleep**-like grab for people's money so Elon Musk can build more spaceships while us peons have to wait 3 weeks to get any money at all. Think about it folks, those 3 weeks worth of money can be accessed and used by Paypal however they want in that timeframe. Paypal gets instant access to funds that aren't theres (similar to a bank) and Paypal can use that capital however they please while you must wait 3 weeks to access the money that is rightfully yours. And if paypal says no to giving you to your money? Tough **bleep**. Paypal plays God again.

I Would have never ever ever ever ever used paypal if i had know there was NOW a 21 day hold on payment. It used to be so easy. Sell, get paid, that's it. That was the beauty of the ebay/paypal combo.  Now it's like the IRS if you meet certain requirments we'll get your money after ALMOST A MONTH. By then though if your really needed the money from selling your goods - you are probably evicted, in debt, but hey Elon has a spaceship! That's all that matters, Elon's spaceship.

Now selling my items makes no sense at all. I need money by the 1st (not that paypal gives a **bleep**, Elon is flying around in spaceships living it up!) Now I won't have my money until the 21st of June. What a **bleep**ty **bleep**ing deal. Can anyone else in think in society where an exchange of goods for money between 2 concenting invidiuals is placed on hold for 3 **bleep**ING WEEKS? Escrow for a house maybe? Last time I checked selling something on ebay was not equivilant to selling a house. You need new engineers if you think that math add's up. However all blame can't be placed on Elon. Probably some **bleep** in corporate had the **bleep**ed up idea of holding everyone's money playing God. I can just picture the board meeting and their colleagues praising the said **bleep** without any consideration of sellers whatsoever. Sellers are your bread and butter, and I can only hope a real competitor pops up in the next few years against paypal. Unfortunately people are too dumb to realize this (even myself was dumb to think that paypal would have gotten better over the years) We keep giving paypal the benefit of the doubt, only to get **bleep** on 1 more time.

Back to craigslist for anything else I ever sell again. I only need 1 form of "seller protection" for that exchange and I'm sure you can figure out what that is.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. You rarely wait the full 21 days if you provide a tracking number that shows delivery of the item to the buyer or feedback is left.

2. It weeds out poor sellers the rest are happy to complete their 100 transactions so the holds are lifted.

3. Every seller on ebay has been through the process and as its for buyer protection most don't mind as without buyer protection is doubtful we would sell anything.

3. It not YOUR money, its still the buyers until the buyer has received their item and is happy with it.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NostalgicSalvag
New Community Member

lmao!! It's not our MONEY?? WELL IT DAMN SURE AINT YOURS!! YOU ALREADY SIPHONED OFF YOUR "FEES" SO WHY THE HECK SHOULD YOU GET PAID.. AND NOT US!!

READ THE FORUMS ON EBAY, NO!! EVERYONE IS NOT OK WITH A 100 TRANSACTIONS, TO RECIEVE "OUR" MONEY, IN FACT OVER 80% ARE  DISGUSTED WITH THIS **bleep**

EBAY & PAYPAL ARE THE SAME ENTITY, SO WHY SHOULD WE" BE OVERCHARGED WITH YOUR "FEES" ON B OTH SITES???  IT'S A SCAM.. WE PAY OUR FEES TO EBAY( WHICH IS YOU) WHILE YOU CHARGE US AGAIN??

HERES A SUGGESTION, WHY NOT CUT OUT THE COMMIE" BUISNESS PRACTICES, CHARGE JUST WHAT EBAY ALREADY IS **bleep** US FOR.. 9%????????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
Gosh you are funny. I don, t get fees. Dont you know what a volunteer is? I am an ebay seller like yourself. But did you think paypal was a charity? I think there workers like to be paid same as you and I do. As I said its the buyers money not yours until the buyer gets their item and is happy with it.I leave my money in paypal until I know that.if you dont like the fees then ebay is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

buysomecomics
New Community Member

I totally agree with the frustration of not getting our money faster.  We are already paying ebay fees & paypal fees then they want us to add a tracking number in order to receive our money faster which the post office charges for......what is the since in selling if all of our money is going to fees.  Also what is this 100 transactions you are referring to because I have 192 items selling and I am not getting my money any faster.  There has to be a better way to weed out the bad from the good.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.