using prepaid visa card

bloodyeric12
Contributor
Contributor

i was wondering can i use like a $50 prepaid visa card and transfer the money on to my paypal account? and then use another card again?

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

mike_brunault

ok i have having problems with my prepaid visa. i have added the card to my paypal and its not letting me make any purchases. the information i used is the exact same as it is with visa and i have called visa and they are saying its on YOUR END not theres. can you please help me fix this?

Login to Me Too

I get this message when I try to gift someone. I already added the credit card to the account: 

Sorry, your payment won't go through. To make it work, you'll need to add money to your account and pay with your PayPal balance.

How come I get this message?

Login to Me Too

Yes, I recently spent roughly 24$ on a game, since I was unverified on Paypal, the guy decided to refund the money. 

Unfortunately, I'm using a prepaid 25$ Credit Card.

Do you know when I'll be able to get my money back? Or if I will ever get it back?

Will it go to the card on directly onto my Paypal Balance?

Login to Me Too

timmer_81
Prepaid visas are refundable but not releasable. If its a refund it would go back on your card like a regular transaction
Login to Me Too

starbow460
New Community Member

uhm i just added a visa debit gift card to my account it has 50 dollars, the card has 50 dollars on it, and i owe 49.98 dollars on my smart connect bill i try to make the payment but it says i dont have the money? i read the comments above and like he said the money did not transfer into my account but i also couldnt pay teh bill. i need help to pay the bill with this card

Login to Me Too

xmellymex
New Community Member

can i transfer funds from paypal to my prepay credit card?

Login to Me Too

Rawzer

Hi, i recently have gotten a prepaid visa card worth $35, and have added it to my account. 

My question is i want to purchase something for $40, and i have funds in my paypal balance but not $40s worth.

so if i make this purchase will it card the cards $35 then charge the rest from my balance. or will t he purchase be declined?

Login to Me Too

TravissEvans
New Community Member

Ok so, I have like $2.00 on each of my prepaid cards. I was wondering if there was anyway to just add them together, I figured using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

tigpoppa

not sure if my post worked...

does Paypal accept prepaid visa cards to make payments?

Login to Me Too

locke9342
Contributor
Contributor

I have my 500 giftcard atatched to paypal and I can't send any payments or anything and its alerady verified but still says "This transaction failed because we were unable to verify this credit card through our card validation process. In order to proceed with your transaction, please select a different funding method or add a different credit card."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.