using prepaid visa card

bloodyeric12
Contributor
Contributor

i was wondering can i use like a $50 prepaid visa card and transfer the money on to my paypal account? and then use another card again?

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

Than12
I have a green dot visa card linked to paypal and the card name is not the same as my PayPal account name. Also off topic question I sold something on eBay and the person paid using PayPal but I dunno if I got my money yet it doesn't appear in my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

MaDDsHoTT

I'm i was more curious about a more complicated thing. I have a NetSpend PREMIER Pre-Paid Visa card that can spend and have funds added. Now I don't have a bank account so I was wondering If I could set it up [Cause I'm Live Streaming Gaming on Twitch.tv.] to where If I were to recieve a donation through paypal..... Have it just go to my card. that possible...?

Login to Me Too

Mattk14
New Community Member

So just wondering. If there is an international merchant that i would like to buy from but my prepaid gift card from walgreens, stater brothers, etc is only valid in the US, would you guys be able to transfer funds from that card to that merchant? The merchant uses pay pal.

Login to Me Too

juanmaflorito
New Community Member

Hello! Can I use a prepaid Visa card to receive payments?

Login to Me Too

timmer_81
So, maybe im dumb but you're saying PayPal can't verify a billing address from a prepaid card. The card is prepaid, youre getting your money...I added two cards to my paypal cause I want to use paypal, but paypal won't allow me to use my prepaid cards as paypal currency.paypal said it likes visa but just not enough to let me buy stuff using paypal.
Login to Me Too

JohnyFingers
New Community Member

Can the cash from something I sell on ebay be  put onto a prepaid Visa card?

Login to Me Too

PJYMAN
Contributor
Contributor

I received a debit visa card from Pep Boys as a rebate.  Apparently, this type of card cannot be used to make a purchase.  Whenever I try an error message appears.

Login to Me Too

Carlos9
New Community Member
How to I transfer money from my PayPal account to my visa prepaid debit card
Login to Me Too

nswerhun

No. I have my card validated, tried to make purchase, and it said that I needed to enter in and use a new card.  Please help.

Login to Me Too

Kelees13
New Community Member

I keep getting this: You can remove your spending limits by confirming you own this card.

When I click on it, it does this: 

orry, we can’t link this card. Please try linking a different card to your account.

Look for a small charge on your card

After you request a code, we’ll charge undefined to your card. It usually appears within 1-2 business days. After you confirm it, we’ll refund the amount within 24 hours.
Sample card statement

PP*CODE1234

- $0.xx

Enter the code in PayPal

Log in to PayPal, select the card from your payment methods, and enter the code sent along with the charge.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.