separate PayPal accounts for one person with bank accounts in two countries?

TravellingRae
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a Canadian who is paid by US clients into a PayPal account that is linked to two Canadian bank accounts.

The short version: Can anyone confirm that have two PayPal accounts linked to bank accounts in separate countries but belonging to the same PayPal customer is possible?

The detailed version:

I have recently moved to Mexico full-time. When I was living here part-time, this is how I got access to funds in Mexico:

1) Client paid into my USD PayPal account;

2) I withdrew from my USD PayPal account to one of my Canadian bank accounts (currency converted to CAD);

3) In Mexico, I withdrew cash from my Canadian account at an ATM (currency converted to MXN).

This was very expensive because I was doing two currency exchanges.

Now that I'm a resident of Mexico, I can open a bank account. I would like to be able to go straight from USD in my USD PayPal account to MXN in my Mexican account and I don't want to get into trouble with PayPal (been with them since they started, clients won't pay me any other way).

What I think I need to do is create a second PayPal account here in Mexico and link it to my Mexican bank account.

My clients could then continue to pay me as normal and I could transfer USD from the PayPal account linked to my Canadian bank to the one linked to my Mexican bank. I know there would be fees, but they would be less than what I'd lose in a double currency conversion.

I'm getting canned responses from PayPal, of course. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.