remove bank account

redliner
Contributor
Contributor

how do i remove my bank account? when i try it says there are pending transactions, but there isnt

i want to do this in the first place because since i added it paypal made it my default method of payment and i keep accidently using it instead of my credit card and will not allow me to make my credit card the default method. also it says my credit card is expired in the alert section every time i log on, even though when i check/clear the alert, it shows both my cards expire in 2019?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello redliner,

My name is Michael, and I'm sorry to hear there's been a problem removing your bank account and with adjusting your preferred payment method. I will do my best to assist.

If you've gone back through your Activity and you can't find any pending payments, it may be that an old Authorization or Order is stuck in Pending status and needs to be voided. The only way to address this is to ask you to call Customer Service and a Representative should be able to locate the pending transaction or should be able to assist you with removing the old bank account and adding new financial information, as needed.

You can find the phone number for the Customer Service Center in your region by logging on to your PayPal account, clicking Contact at the bottom of the screen, and then clicking Call Us.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but there's really no other option based on your description. It might help if you deleted the cookies and temporary internet files from your computer and then re-started your system. If that step doesn't work, calling Customer Service is the way to go.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post here in the PayPal Community Forum and thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.