old email address

lots_of_stars
Contributor
Contributor

i have sold an item and the buyer is using an old email address that i no longer use or have access to . the transaction has been pending for over a week because this old email address not longer exists and if i try to confirm this old email for a payapl confirmation i obviously can not access it. so how do i change that.

thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lots_of_stars

Firstly can you add that email addy to your paypal account, as you can have up to 8 on the one account.
If you can add and verify it then the payments should come through.

If not then you need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

Unclaimed.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. If it changes to completed they need to come here for advice. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

Completed.

If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lots_of_stars

The buyer would use the email address that you supplied on the auction.

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lots_of_stars
Contributor
Contributor

yes i see i used an old draft for selling and it has an old wrong email in the draft which i did not ctach.

so not sure what to do maybe cancel the order and relist ? or can i cancel and send another invocie with the correct email.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lots_of_stars

Firstly can you add that email addy to your paypal account, as you can have up to 8 on the one account.
If you can add and verify it then the payments should come through.

If not then you need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

Unclaimed.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. If it changes to completed they need to come here for advice. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

Completed.

If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.