how to link my debit card to my paypal account.

t42david
Contributor
Contributor

Right now, when I purchase online , Paypal will withdraw funds from my bank account.

I have had only 2 transactions.

1st one went through smoothly via Instany Transfer.

But the 2nd one was done via eCheck which is help over till Feb 26th. I do not know why.

My intention is to link my bank debit crd with my paypal account.

Can it be done ?

I ask this question because I wanted to install Netfix. Payment method was via Paypal. But it ask for a credit card or debit card as " backup " ?

When I entered my debit card number, it was rejected. But today, 10 hours later, I bought grocery with my bebit card and there was no problem.

What did I do wwrong ?

Thank you

t42David

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There's nothing wrong with your debit card, PayPal is just goofy sometimes about both credit and debit cards.

From the FAQs:

Here are some issues you might have when linking a debit or credit card to your PayPal account:

• A debit or credit card can be linked to only one PayPal account at a time. If your card is linked to a different PayPal account, you'll need to remove it from that account before linking it to the new account.
  • For security reasons, you can’t link a gift card, prepaid card, or one-time-use card.
  • The billing address you enter must exactly match the one shown on your card statement. Check your debit or credit card statement to confirm that the addresses match.

If you’re still having trouble:

• Try another card. Your card may not work with PayPal.
  • Try using a different payment method, like your bank account.

Does your debit card displays the Visa or MasterCard logo and have a security code?  If yes, it should link.  Else, you may want to try contacting customer support for assistance.

Login to Me Too

t42david
Contributor
Contributor

Answer to :

Q1.. If your card is linked to a different PayPal account, you'll need to remove it from that account before linking it to the new account.

No. I have only one paypal account.

Q2. Try using a different payment method, like your bank account.

I tought Paypal was doing that..

My 1st transaction was via Instant Transfer, BUT, the 2nd transaction has turned to eCheck which won't go through until Feb 26th. I don't understand why Paypal switches to eCheck on my 2nd transaction.

Q3.Does your debit card displays the Visa or MasterCard logo and have a security code

My debit card is the good old-fashioned bank debit card. It does not carry the Visa or master card logo.

t42David

Login to Me Too

ednatoronto2007
New Community Member
How can I add my debit card bank card to my account .is a debit card with vias logo , l just make sales now but l don't want tthe money to go to my master card lwant it on bank account.
Login to Me Too

ednatoronto2007
New Community Member
What should l d
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.