add ebay id to paypal account?

newfie
Contributor
Contributor

How do I add ebay id to paypal account? I can't see paypal account profile, selling preferences or auctions links.. Please help me with this? Thanks

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi newfie

U have to link from ebay

To link your PayPal and eBay accounts:

1. Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages.

2. Click the Account tab.

3. Click the “PayPal Account” link on the left side of the page.

4. Click the Link My PayPal Account button.

5. You'll be asked to log into PayPal to finish linking your accounts.

Login to Me Too

newfie
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I did that in Ebay when I tried to print a shipping label I got this error message:

The buyer's name and shipping address could not be pre-filled because your eBay username has not been added to your PayPal profile.
To add your eBay username to your PayPal profile, go to your PayPal Account Profile and click on the Auctions link in the Selling Preferences column.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Profile is the bolt looking icon top right

Account is underneath your name next to security and notifications

Or do this work if ?

click my ebay then account

Scroll down 

Do u see an option to link there?

Login to Me Too

newfie
Contributor
Contributor

What I see in account is

Address     email address

phone           account options

payment settings

Login to Me Too

newfie
Contributor
Contributor

I can go in my Ebay then click a few links (Update your PayPal settings) and go directly to paypal. So it must be linked.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

If it is linked u will see it when u click account under ppal account information, where it says buying on ebay

Under buying and selling on ebay?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Because they are seperate companies now apparently u cant do it from your ppal acc so Im not sure why it asked u to do so?

Login to Me Too

newfie
Contributor
Contributor

Your eBay account is linked to this PayPal account for purchases: r...s@eastlink.caUnlink accounts

This is what I see but still get the Ppal error message

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ok so now we know it is linked try this

Go to your ebay sold page find the transaction and click "more actions" at the side

Click "sell similar" scroll down and double check your ppal email address is correct without any spelling mistakes on your listings

If its wrong try adding that one to your ppal and see if the money comes thru, give it time

Is your ppal acc linked to your ebay?

Your ppal address on your listings has to be the same as your ppal email address

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.