Why do I need to transfer money from my bank account to my PayPal account?

AliShibaz
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal for a few years now. But I'm not really clear on the subject of my PayPal account - especially the need for me to add money to my PayPal account. I have a feeling the reason may have something to do with whether or not I have linked a bank account to my account. I have linked a bank account to my account. But I've always send money from my bank account to my PayPal account before making any purchases.

I understand I don't need to do that and if I make a purchase and have zero money in my account, the money will be just be taken from my bank account.

Is the answer that sending money to my PayPal account is intended primarily for people who do not link a bank account to their PayPal account? If I don't link a bank account, then I'm guessing I need to send money to my PayPal account in some other way before I make a purchase.

I'm guessing that PayPal may be used this way by people who don't want the recipient (or PayPal itself) to know my bank account number. Is that the reason why?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.