When should I receive funds sent from a friends bank account?

reynolds545
Contributor
Contributor

Two days ago my friend transferred $300 from his bank account to my paypal account. He also sent me a text with a screenshot showing the payment was sent and my email adress on the screenshot was correct. My problem is I show nothing in my paypal account, not even that the transfer is pending. Is something not right or when should I expect for the transfer to go through? Thank you for any help in advance!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@reynolds545

He can't transfer from HIS bank account to YOUR paypal account.

He can only transfer from HIS paypal account to your paypal account.

You can't upload funds from a bank account that is not linked to your paypal account.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

reynolds545
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I messed up that part on my question. He actually transferred money from his bank account to his PayPal and then to my paypal. My main concern is why don't I see it as pending or something on my paypal account. I still am not showing anything on my PayPal account concerning his transfer to my account. Thanks for your help.
Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi reynolds545,

Thank you for reaching out here in the PayPal Community, Welcome!

If someone sent money to your PayPal account from there own PayPal account you should see the money in your account even if it is pending. You may want to check with your friend to see if they sent it to the right email address.

-Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.