Service Upgrades fake or real?:IMMEDIATE RESPONSE requested from PayPal

Drawn
Contributor
Contributor

I received this email text copied below. I depend on Etsy to interface w Pay Pal for sales and use suppliers who accept Paypal for purchase.  I do not have technical people as suggested . Maybe this is fake? Please advise what I need to do if anything?? Thank you !

PayPal service upgrades.

"[my name]

As we have previously communicated to you, PayPal is upgrading the certificate for www.paypal.com to SHA-256. This endpoint is also used by merchants using the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) product.

This upgrade is scheduled for 9/30/2015; however, we may need to change this date on short notice to you to align to the industry security standard.

You’re receiving this notification because you’ve been identified as a merchant who has used IPN endpoints within the past year. If you have not made the necessary changes, we urge you to do so right away to avoid a disruption of your service!

Because these changes are technical in nature, we advise that you consult with your individuals responsible for your PayPal integration. They will be able to identify what, if any, changes are needed. Please share this email and the hyperlinks below with your technical contact for evaluation.

Testing in the Sandbox is one of the best ways to make sure your integration works. Sandbox endpoints have been upgraded to accept secure connections by the SHA-256 Certificates.

Full technical details can be found in our Merchant Security System Upgrade Guide. In addition, our 2015-2016 SSL Certificate Change microsite contains a schedule of our service upgrade plan.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to improve our services. ""

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Drawn and @Piscobay, and welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that there was confusion regarding this email. Frank wrote a great post about this over in the US forum. You can read it here: PayPal Endpoint certificate upgrade - SHA-256 encryption

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Piscobay
New Community Member
Yes, I received it also. However, I don't understand it at all. Hopefully it will get addressed asap.
Login to Me Too

Drawn
Contributor
Contributor

@Piscobay wrote:
Yes, I received it also. However, I don't understand it at all. Hopefully it will get addressed asap.
Thanks. Let me know if you learn anything more and I'll post if I do. I don't plan to cahnge anything. There was no message in my PayPal  site acct overview either.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Drawn and @Piscobay, and welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that there was confusion regarding this email. Frank wrote a great post about this over in the US forum. You can read it here: PayPal Endpoint certificate upgrade - SHA-256 encryption

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Drawn
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia, Thanks so much for pointing me to his article!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.