Refunded Payment "Pending" for almost a month.....HELP! :(

randomgeekery
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my gosh, I'm really at my wits end and I hope someone here can help me. 😞

I have a refund in my account, from an Ebay seller that was issued on December 23 (2016), and it is *still* pending almost a month later.  I also have two new refunds from a different seller, from earlier today, that are pending, yet my balance was "updated" to 0.01$ (when before it was 0.00$).

I've searched the site, found no answers.  Called the helpline 3 separate times, got nothing by an irritating computer voice that gave me absolutely no helpful information.  I kept trying to speak to a human being, but my call would drop whenever I tried.

I've sent in an email to Paypal using the message center, but all I seem to get from that is the same annoying automated stuff that isn't helping me at all. 😞

When I got the email notification from Paypal of the refunds, it said at the bottom "pending until Dec. 30, 2016".  It's obviously way passed that now.

All I want to know is what's going on with my money. 😞  I've been trying to get answers all day!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

NanaJoy
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem and i called as well with no help. Did you get your refund yet? or did you get help getting it? not sure why its taking so long, they keep saying 3 to 5 days but its been 3 weeks now.

Login to Me Too

randomgeekery
Contributor
Contributor

Hi NanaJoy, no I haven't gotten any of my refunds yet.  I did however finally get an email from Paypal.  Apparently there is a glitch in the system that is not allowing things paid via Instant Transfer to clear, so when that money is refunded by a seller, it won't clear either.  They told me that these payments/refunds are stuck on "processing" in the system, and as long as they're stuck that way, they won't clear and the money is essentially stuck in limbo.

The person who emailed me told me that my account would be marked as being affected by this glitch and that things would be fixed "as soon as possible".  But I have 3 refunds pending, and still not a one of them has cleared.

It would probably be best if you use their message system and also send off an email.  Then you're account can be added to the pile.  But when it'll be fixed?  I wasn't given any sort of timeframe. 😞  Very frustrating!  Especially since this problem has been going on for over a month!

Login to Me Too

lizzydolittle
Contributor
Contributor

I have received mutiple messages stating that it will be in my account on certain days...then it isn't...then they promise another day. I would suggest taking screenshots of everything because I've heard of these things "disappearing"

I would also like to know who to talk to about this...there is no regulation here - it's ridiculous and pretty sketchy if you ask me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.