Processing Time

ASDF2
Contributor
Contributor
I paid for something using PayPal last night. It says the transaction is complete but the money in my bank account is the same. Does anyone know how long it takes for the money to be drawn from my bank account sent to the buyer?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ASDF2

I presume you mean to the seller not the buyer?

Anyway when you pay with paypal, then paypal credit the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.

This can be from a few hours up to a few days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ASDF2
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I mean to the seller. A few days is too long. If I link my PayPal account to a credit card would it get processed faster? Or if I uploaded money onto the PayPal would it get sent faster?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ASDF2

Did you actually read my answer.

The seller is CREDITED in advance the minute you pay, its paypal that takes the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source to paypal to reimburse them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ASDF2
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a way I can make the delay shorter? What if I uploaded money onto my PayPal account and then paid for the item. Would it get sent any faster? Also, I believe I paid on a weekend, which is not a business day. Do you think that made any difference?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ASDF2

I am not understanding you, what do you mean sent any faster.

The money is sent and received by the seller the second that you pay.

Paypal has CREDITED the seller in advance, the seller HAS their money and then paypal takes the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ASDF2
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I may have misunderstood you earlier. PayPal pays the seller out of their own money and then transfers the money from the bank account to their account is essentially what you're saying. But how do you know this? Could you please tell your source of information? And why does it take a few hours to days for PayPal to receive the credit on their end?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ASDF2

Well sorry but not sure after nearly 6000 solutions and kudos that i have to prove something to you.

I don't post information that is incorrect so if you don't want to believe me then don't............up to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.