Problem with Bank Transit Number. i only have3 digits.my bank is HSBC

DevliKin

so i think the topic answers what my problem is. does anybody know any solutions to my problem? maybe i am no looking at the right numbers but i got all other numbers properly.. only that one is missing. need some help please!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DevliKin

forget about this question everybody, i found the right transit number 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DevliKin

i also want to add. im from montreal, quebec, canada. I called my bank and they told me the bank transit number is 016. Why does it ask for 5 digits?

Login to Me Too
Solved

DevliKin

forget about this question everybody, i found the right transit number 🙂

Login to Me Too

daniellukasek21
New Community Member

where is it on your card i cant find it on mine either 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

daniellukasek21 -

Welcome to the Community!

Short of calling your branch, if you go to this site http://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/en/contact-us/atm-branch-locations and look up your branch you'll be able to get the branch number off the map.  From what I'm seeing, your transit number may vary if this is an online savings account, so you may need to check with the bank in those scenarios to ensure it's spot on.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

DevliKin -

Welcome to the boards!

I'm glad you found it, and thank you for letting us know the issue is resolved.  If you have any tips for the Community, please feel free to share!

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Annejd
New Community Member

@DevliKin wrote:

so i think the topic answers what my problem is. does anybody know any solutions to my problem? maybe i am no looking at the right numbers but i got all other numbers properly.. only that one is missing. need some help please!

I was a banker for twenty years and all you do is add zeros in front of the numbers you have, depending how many numbers you are short.. I think all transit numbers are still 5 numbers long.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.