Paypal compliance department giving me **bleep**

Sotran86
Contributor
Contributor
The compliance deparment put a hold on my account when I tried to increase my limits on paypal. At first I didn't realize that I needed for the docs to bw verified by a guarantor, so the first few attempts were unsuccessful. But since they have refused documents attested by a comissioner of oaths from city hall and another with a guarantor and all the info they want. Calling paypal is no help and their department has not responded to my previous email. Can anyone help? Or has gone throught this?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

vmsonline
Contributor
Contributor

We have had our Paypal account for 4-5 years and have been in busines for 30 years.  With no advance warning, Paypal shuts our account down and we are under a compliance review.  We cannot process credit cards, receive the procees of credit cards processed or basically operate our business as a result.  We uploaded all the documents requested and the hold was never lifted as stated on the instruction page.  We waited and they asked for more documents, we uploaded them and waitted.  They requested yet more documents which we uploaded.  We called paypal and of course, there is nothing they can do as this is a governmental regulation and the compliance be completed.  You cannot speak to anyone in compliance, no one in compliance will ever call you and no one at paypal is allowed to speak to or even enter the compliance area.  Compliance can only respond by canned "we are working on this pleae check your account for updates" type e-mails, several days later.  It took 13 days, numerous lengthy phone calls explaining that our business is shut down due to this hold and for them to please lift the hold.  We have no problems submitting forms, documents and paperwork required, but why do they have to shut down our business with this hold on our account?  While this compliance review is dragging out, we have upset customers, receive poor customer service reviews and our finances are at a standstill for almost 2 weeks.  This account hold is completely unacceptable.  There has to be a better way to complete this compliance review that does not prevent a business from operating.   We are extremely disappointed with Paypal.  We are just a small business, but we wonder if paypal would treat larger reatailers in the same manner?  Would Amazon, Home Depot, Best Buy tolerate not being able to process credit cards for 13 days while they submit endless documents to verify that the business really exists?  If there is a plus side, we made arrangements with several of our customers to transfer money for their orders by EFT directly into our bank account since were had no ideal when or if the hold would ever be lifted.  There were no fees for us on the EFT but paypal lost out on collecting fees for these larger orders that would have gone through paypal.  Good luck to anyone else with this problem!

Login to Me Too

andorti-29
New Community Member

paypal ive been shut down an can not used paypal, i did nothing but just trying to get on paypal, and add my debit card and i just didnt know how i just dont understand it all, so i tryed all ways and just got kicked of paypal please help me fix this, thank you andy ortiz 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.